Tier 3 Data Center Specifications
As the most essential aspect of business, a corporation needs to assure 100% availability for its Tier 3 Data Center Specifications. Because of this, constructing a data center in accordance with tier 3 data center specifications guarantees a specified amount of uptime or availability.
Redundancy and concurrent maintainability are two essential characteristics that should be met by a data center constructed in accordance with tier 3 data center requirements. For all power, cooling, and distribution systems, it demands concurrent maintainability and at least n+1 redundancy. Failure (or maintenance) of a component shouldn’t interfere with the infrastructure’s regular operation.
Only the power, cooling, and building infrastructure fronts up to the server rack level must meet these requirements. The criteria at the levels of IT architecture are not specified in Tier 3 data center specifications. Your data center’s power supply infrastructure can satisfy the requirements for uptime tier 3 data centers by utilizing the methods below.
What is Tier 3 Data Center?
Larger companies use Tier 3 data center specifications, which include the following:
- Uptime of 99.982% (Tier 3 uptime availability)
- Maximum annual downtime is 1.6 hours.
- N+1 fault tolerant protection from power outages for at least 72 hours
Data center, Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3, and Tier 4
Tier 1 through 4 data centers is nothing more than a standard approach for defining data center tier uptime.
- Tier 1: Components with non-redundant capacity (single uplink and servers).
- Tier 2: is composed of Tier 1 plus redundant capacity elements.
- Tier 3: is composed of Tier 1 and Tier 2, as well as dual-powered devices and several uplinks.
- Tier 4: is composed of Tiers 1 through 3 as well as fully fault-tolerant uplinks, storage, chillers, HVAC systems, servers, and other components. Everything has two power sources.
Tier-Based Data Center Availability
The following different data center tier levels indicate the accessibility of data from hardware at a location:
- Tier 1: A 99.671% availability guarantee.
- Tier 2: Providing a 99.741% availability guarantee.
- Tier 3: A 99.982% availability guarantee.
- Tier 4: A 99.995% availability guarantee.